Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 6.5.6 Oracle Agent on HP UX 11iv3

Yajith
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello Everyone,

Can someone share the required patches for HP UX 11iv3 for NetBackup 6.5.6 Oracle agent installation ? Release Notes contain a list of patches, but only for older versions of HP UX.

There have been similar questions in the past like http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-656-agent-hp-ux-1100 but the HP UX version i'm working with is different.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I have also some 11iv3 Oracle hotels in my shop, and I can't recall there where specific client dependencies. if a recent version of the Quality pack bundle/Standard pack bundle is applied I think you are ready to go.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I found the following in the NBU 7 Release Notes:

HP-UX 11.31    PHSS_37202    This patch is required for JAVA 6.0.

Since the patch is required for Java, it should apply to all supported NBU versions.

Yajith
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your response. This is a Oracle 10g environment and the java 1.4 along with the necessary HP UX operating system patches is to be deployed. But the NetBackup which is already in place is on 6.5.6 version.

Other than the java, are there any OS patches required? So far i haven't come across any documentation providing required HP UX 11iv3 patches for 6.5.6. I wonder if there are no patches required for this.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I have also some 11iv3 Oracle hotels in my shop, and I can't recall there where specific client dependencies. if a recent version of the Quality pack bundle/Standard pack bundle is applied I think you are ready to go.

Yajith
Level 4
Partner Accredited

That is good to hear. HP UX 11iv3 is to be deployed newly and integrated to the NetBackup setup which is already in place. I was searching for any specific OS patches that might be required to perform the client installation, if any. I guess the best way to go is to have the latest quality packs. Thanks a lot for the update.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I cannot find any patch pre-req's for 6.5.6.

I have also checked the README's for NB_CLT_6.5.6.tarNB_JAV_6.5.6.tarNB_ORA_6.5.6.tar - no OS patch requirements are mentioned.

Yajith
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks a lot for the update! I went through most of the readme's my self and did not come across a definitive list of  My guess is, there are no patch pre-req's for this. I'm thinking of getting the latest quality pack installed as Nicolai suggested.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

TIP:

Oracle has strict OS patch policy. You need to check the the Oracle dependencies as well.