cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from any Media Server

erose
Level 3

Hello All

I have a Netbackup Enterprise 7.5.0.4 environment with 1 master server and  media servers.  Each media server has a library attached to it.  Basically I would like to be able to restore a client from any of the media servers.

I have already added FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER to the bp.conf

FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = media1 media2

FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = media2 media1

I tested the this out and it appears now that I can only restore media1 clients from media2 and vice versa.  But what I am really looking for is to restore for either media server.  So if I look and media1 is busy with backups I want to restore from media2, but if media1 is idle and I can restore from it then that is what I want to do.  I do not want to be forced to restore exclusively from one or the other.  I know I can run the following command

bpmedia -movedb -m mediaid -oldserver    - newserver

But is there a more automagic way to set this up so I do not have to run a command or worry where/to I am restoring?

thanks

ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As far as tape is concerned, there is unfortunately no 'automagic' way.

Images and media is 'owned' by media server who wrote the backup and restore is always sent to this media server unless forced to another media server with bp.conf entry or ownership change of media with bpmedia or image with bpimage command.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As far as tape is concerned, there is unfortunately no 'automagic' way.

Images and media is 'owned' by media server who wrote the backup and restore is always sent to this media server unless forced to another media server with bp.conf entry or ownership change of media with bpmedia or image with bpimage command.