Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore to mapped drive with netbackup 6.5.6

fdassonville
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi, my version is nbu 6.5.6 on windows server

and when i would like restore a directoryto a mapped drive i obtain this error :

27/01/2012 11:05:50 - restored image toto_1326565589 - (the restore failed to recover the requested files(5)); restore time 00:03:46
27/01/2012 11:05:52 - Warning bprd(pid=2036) Restore must be resumed prior to first image expiration on 15/04/2012 23:59:59
27/01/2012 11:05:53 - end Restore; elapsed time: 00:03:56
the restore failed to recover the requested files(5)

i have tried to restore locally, it's ok

have you got some idea for help me ?

Best regards

François

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OK - just to clarify this if using UNC path:

Source client : the one you want the files from - sure you are OK with this choice

Destination Client : The Media Server

Media Server must have its NetBackup Client Service set to run as an account that has full rights to the UNC path you will specify. Set it as this and re-start it. Now log into the Media Server using that account, put the UNC path into the "Run" box to make sure it is valid. Now make a new file in the directory that you have opened up to ensure you also have rights to write to the dirctory.

If the above is all fine then select the files to restore and in the Restore to Alternate location put the UNC path in - it should work - just tested it myself and worked

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Two things here:

1. I dont think NetBackup will restore to a mapped drive - you could try it as a mountpoint though

2. If NetBackup will allow a restore to a mapped drive you would need the NetBackup Client service set to use an account that actually has the drive mapped - you may see it but when the restore runs it runs as the NetBackup Service which doesnt have it mapped.

3. You could do the restore via a UNC path instead - but again set the NetBackup Client service as an account that has rights to that UNC path (as the system account wont have the rights). Set the restore destination as the Media Server, client or Master that has the client service set and then choose to restiore to an alternate path and put the UNC path in.

Hope this helps but I have the nagging feeling that although we can backup mapped drives it doesn't like restoring to them

fdassonville
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thak you for your ansmwer

i've tried with mount point, it's the same probleme

now i trie with the unc path and alternate path with media server

i call you back

fdassonville
Level 4
Partner Accredited

same problem !

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - just to clarify this if using UNC path:

Source client : the one you want the files from - sure you are OK with this choice

Destination Client : The Media Server

Media Server must have its NetBackup Client Service set to run as an account that has full rights to the UNC path you will specify. Set it as this and re-start it. Now log into the Media Server using that account, put the UNC path into the "Run" box to make sure it is valid. Now make a new file in the directory that you have opened up to ensure you also have rights to write to the dirctory.

If the above is all fine then select the files to restore and in the Restore to Alternate location put the UNC path in - it should work - just tested it myself and worked

fdassonville
Level 4
Partner Accredited

thank you for your help