cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore unsuccessful for folder/file containing ~ tilde in its name for Windows Client

Priyanka_Vachha
Level 3
Certified

Hi ,

Below is detail of mt Netbackup Enterprise server:

Master OS Version: Solaris 10

Media OS Version: SOlaris 10

Netbackup Version on MAster and Media: 6.5.6

NBu Version on Client Server: 6.5.4

I had a request from user to restore the file , the file name contains the character ~ tilde in its name and the folder under which the file resides also contains ~ symbol. When I try to view the file through GUI under the specified folder  getting " There are no files Matching this criteria Reload the directory structure"

On Server the folder  name is  Operation 12~13 and on BackupArchive and Restore the folder got backed up as Operation 12/13.

I am able to view this file through bplist command and try to restore it thru bpadm command, however file is not getting restored.

Can someone please help me on this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OK - as you are on an old version of NetBAckup and its Java Console please try installing a Windows Admin Console and patch to 6.5.6 and then try the restore from there

This would eliminate the possible Java issue raised by Marianne

Don't forget to add the PC name to the Master Servers additional servers list to allow it full access

And as Marianne says .... please upgrade!

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Are you trying this restore from the client or the Master Server?

The ~ does get replaced by / by default in the GUI - this is an issue found in mailbox restores - see this tech note:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO71991

Let us know where you are trying the restore from and if you have ever got as far as seeing the file in the BAR GUI from anywhere - a Windows GUI could have issues due to 8.3 file name conventions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Another TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH138752

Supposed to be fixed in later Java patches... maybe not.

PLEASE upgrade your environment - NBU 6.x ran out of support on 3 October.

Priyanka_Vachha
Level 3
Certified

Mark@ I am trying to restore from Master Server -- GUI  not from client.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - as you are on an old version of NetBAckup and its Java Console please try installing a Windows Admin Console and patch to 6.5.6 and then try the restore from there

This would eliminate the possible Java issue raised by Marianne

Don't forget to add the PC name to the Master Servers additional servers list to allow it full access

And as Marianne says .... please upgrade!

Hope this helps