cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restores while backing up to the same server

lindsatos
Not applicable

This is probably a very easy question for somebody who as good working knowledge of Netbackup 7.1

I'm trying to restore to an Exchange 2007 RSG but keep getting error 2826. After reading that this could be a resourcing/access error and having checked that the RSG has been created correctly I suspected that the restore was failing because the Full backups of this server were possibly still running.

Is there any logic to this or should the restore of the data (using different media) complete regardless?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Quote : "This is probably a very easy question for somebody who as good working knowledge of Netbackup 7.1"

I have a pretty good working knowledge of NBU but I dont remember ever coming acroos this one before and it really made me think!

So here is my theory ...

If you Policy backups up the DAG or Information Store as a basic directive then the whole exchange server gets backed up and so the RSG will be included in this so preventing it from being restored

If you backups specify specific Storage Groups then the RSG would no be backed up and the restore should be possible.

My only other thought is the transaction logs but again i would have thought that the RSG was independant of the other Storage Groups so I will stick to the theory that it is just down to you policy definition as to whether you can do both at the same time

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Quote : "This is probably a very easy question for somebody who as good working knowledge of Netbackup 7.1"

I have a pretty good working knowledge of NBU but I dont remember ever coming acroos this one before and it really made me think!

So here is my theory ...

If you Policy backups up the DAG or Information Store as a basic directive then the whole exchange server gets backed up and so the RSG will be included in this so preventing it from being restored

If you backups specify specific Storage Groups then the RSG would no be backed up and the restore should be possible.

My only other thought is the transaction logs but again i would have thought that the RSG was independant of the other Storage Groups so I will stick to the theory that it is just down to you policy definition as to whether you can do both at the same time

Hope this helps