cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring data from imported backup exec tape

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6

Hey there,

So I'm attempting to restore data from a backup exec tape I imported into netbackup.

• Performed vmphyinv to inventory tape library.
  • Performed phase1 import on tape successfully.
  • Performed phase2 import on tape successfully.

Now I'm at a point where I can restore the data, however, I'm unable to find the imported images when I do a search in the catalog.  The images are about three months old, so I should find them when I use a one year search range, yet the images do not show up.  I made sure to select 'verify' when doing my query.  Also, there are images in the Netbackup/db/images folder for the client that these images come from.

I'm stumped, but my name's not Bob... Alas.  So if anyone could help and point me in the right direction it would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6

Okay, I'm a doofus.

Go into backup, archive, restore and select your master server that the restore is being processed by and client name that the backup exec image is from.  You need to choose the type of restore you're doing and select 'From backup exe'.

Such a rookie mistake. =)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
Are you browsing by media id or client name ?

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
I've tried browsing by date range, media ID and client name.  None of them return any results.  Which is a bit perplexing... Is there a different method for restoring backup exec data?

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
hmm.. what was listed in catalog after phase 1 ?

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6

Okay, I'm a doofus.

Go into backup, archive, restore and select your master server that the restore is being processed by and client name that the backup exec image is from.  You need to choose the type of restore you're doing and select 'From backup exe'.

Such a rookie mistake. =)