cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP AWARE Agent backup getting failed - Error Code 6

NBU2010
Level 6

Dear Forum,

I my backing up Sol. 10 Client with NBU 7.1 client installed on it through SAP Aware agent.

BRBackup status gives Backup completed successfully but netbackup throughs an error code 6 stating 1: (6) the backup failed to back up the requested files

Details status shows following messages..

----------------------------

04/02/2012 06:19:08 - Error bpbrm (pid=12453) from client ABC: ERR - Script exited with status = 3 <valid archive image produced, but no files deleted due to non-fatal problems>
04/02/2012 06:19:08 - Error bpbrm (pid=12453) from client ABC: ERR - bphdb exit status = 6: the backup failed to back up the requested files
04/02/2012 06:19:09 - Info bphdb (pid=21271) done. status: 6: the backup failed to back up the requested files

----------------------------

Pls. suggest solution/procedure etc.

Thanks in Advance

5 REPLIES 5

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Please post the output form brbackup as a attached file. The file is likely places in /oracle/<SID>/brbackup/

NBU2010
Level 6

Hello,

I have attached the SAP backup logs.

Also 1 strange thing i have come across is that it is backing up same files 2-3 times and after that it throws the error 6.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The SAP backup look very fine. I think it's something with the script that fire off the brbackup command. If for some sort a script error is made e.g. a misspelled command, Netbackup will believe  the backup has failed and return a code 6.

Sometimes those errors are easy to spot, sometimes not.

Try running the script by hand on the client - if possible. Check for possible syntax errors or warnings.

Comment out all unnecessary command. If the error go away un-comment line by line until the problematic line is identified.

Happy hunting :)

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi NBU2010,

Any luck with the resolution. I am experiencing simillar issue.

jim_dalton
Level 6

SAP Aware ...is that anything related to SAP agent for NBU?

If so then please describe the process..you have scripts to execute the backup, please supply as per Nicolai and/or look into the logs that sap generate in the backint/777 netbackup log or equivalent, and turn on verbosity, rerun. They are usually straightforward to look into.

Jim