cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP_No_Target_SLP

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Hello, 

I started to use AIR to replicate images of a remote site to our main site. 

On the remote site I configured an SLP with two targets. 
The two targets are Backup appliances 5320's. They are part of the main environment.

On the main site Netbackup made an SLP for one of the targets to import the images of the remote site, however for the other target it doesn't. For that target is uses "SLP_No_Target_SLP" as the job policy name. 

I figure that Netbackup needs to make two SLP's on the main site to import the images. But then they would have the same name, which is not possible. We want to have the images on both the appliances, and that is happening now. But is there a better way to acomplish this? Because this "SLP_No_Target_SLP" looks like an error to me although it is just a cosmetic issue I think. 

The main site is Netbackup 7.6.0.2
and the remote site has version 7.6.0.4

Any ideas? 

R

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Since you have selected opton replicate to all targets in source SLP replicaton job, then option to select the destination master and SLP is not highleted..

so you need to select the specific master server in source SLP as a repliction targe to select the import SLP.

if not the only option that you  have is to create the SLP with same name as source on all target master servers to aviod jobs with "SLP_No_Target_SLP  ( you already said creating SLP with same name is not possible ..not sure why..) but that is the only option you have..

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Ah, you got me on the right track. 

When you configured it the way I did the SLP on the remote master is created automaticly and it has the same name as the SLP on the source master. But because I want to replicate it to two appliances it wants to have two SLP's. 

Now I configured the the source master as a trusted master on the remote master. I first tried on the source master to configure an SLP to replicate to two SLP's I created manually on the remote master but then NBU refuses this, I get "error 1588 target master server is already used in ome of the replication to remote master" 

Then I configured an SLP on the remote master which imports the images to one of the appliances and then duplicates the images to the other appliance.

This would relief some bandwith on the WAN connection between the target and source I think(?)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla

they no need to have the same name..

you need to create the SLP in remote site.. and select the same SLP name in source site SLP --> replication operation..

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

I am not sure what you mean. 
What I did is

- I added, under credentials, storage servers and then on the server of which the images need to be replicated, there I added the two appliances as target

- then I made an SLP which I added to the policy of which I want to replicate the image, the SLP has as a backup device the MSDP pool of the storage server where I have added the two appliances as target

- and I added a replication device saying that it has to replicate to all targets. In that case when replication was done and importing on the other side starts automaticly an IMPORT SLP is created with the same name as the SLP on the source site. 

I don't see a possiblity to select an SLP to replicate to. 

RamNagalla

Since you have selected opton replicate to all targets in source SLP replicaton job, then option to select the destination master and SLP is not highleted..

so you need to select the specific master server in source SLP as a repliction targe to select the import SLP.

if not the only option that you  have is to create the SLP with same name as source on all target master servers to aviod jobs with "SLP_No_Target_SLP  ( you already said creating SLP with same name is not possible ..not sure why..) but that is the only option you have..

Capture.JPG

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Ah, you got me on the right track. 

When you configured it the way I did the SLP on the remote master is created automaticly and it has the same name as the SLP on the source master. But because I want to replicate it to two appliances it wants to have two SLP's. 

Now I configured the the source master as a trusted master on the remote master. I first tried on the source master to configure an SLP to replicate to two SLP's I created manually on the remote master but then NBU refuses this, I get "error 1588 target master server is already used in ome of the replication to remote master" 

Then I configured an SLP on the remote master which imports the images to one of the appliances and then duplicates the images to the other appliance.

This would relief some bandwith on the WAN connection between the target and source I think(?)

RamNagalla

yah... that is definalty a good idea.. no need to replicate the same data over the WAN twice.. though its optimized data..