Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP Report

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

Hi Experts,

Is ther any SLP report available on either Netbackup or Opscenter which should display backup id, client, policyname, schedule, tape etc.

Checked in the Opscenter but cant find.

Please some one help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

"This is a kind of basic requirement who use SLP"  

I may not agree with this statement...that is not basic requirement for SLP.

how you are palling to do the tape ejection  does it Manully ? for want have the automation..?

Vault is best for tape ejection 

and SLP is best for duplications... 

so you needs to make use of both to keep the things in well planed manner with automated features..

its very simple..

your requirement is to send dupicated tapes to offisite..

hear you go..

1) create one offsite volume pool

2) use the offiste volume pool in duplicate operation in SLP for which you want to use of offsite rotation

3) Configure Vault to eject the tapes only From Offsite Volume pool

and you are done.. you will get the all reports that you are looking from Vault and also tape ejection will be done .

and if you dont want to use the Vault..

then since you have created the offsite Volume pool(from above step 1 &2), all the tapes in that Volume pool contains the images that needs to be ejected for offsite.

so you have tape IDs, and usage...and you can run images on media report to get the detail of it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RamNagalla

hello,

you can get the backup id (which includes the clients name as well)from the nbstlutil report with different option.. (image in progress, images compleated.. image started.. etc...)

but not sure why you are looking for policy name , schedule and tape details though SLP...

what is your actual requirement...?

may be we can suggest you the better option if you let us know your requirement?

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

We have configured SLP duplication instead of vault. Now i should get a report that displays atleast backup id, client, media barcode. The purpose is i have to remove the duplicated tapes from the library and send to offsite. So the SLP name , client and media barcod is must.

This is a kind of basic requirement who use SLP

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
nbstlutil stlilist will show the backupids that have completed slp copy nbstlutil stlilist (3 = complete), there is an option to specify the SLP name to show status of only a specific SLP if you wish. The backup id contains the client name so this is has been determined. Media id can then be determined from bpimagelist command by specifiying each backup id and pulling out the media ID from the (I think ) 9th field on the FRAG line. Not sure if there is a standard opscenter report, but should be possible in a custom opscenter report.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
NOTE. SLP wasn't designed for offsiting tapes which is why there isn't (as far as I know) a standard report - that was what vault was designed for, which does have multiple standard reports available. Also, I think the nbstlutil stlilist command shows the SLP name as well, though I don't have a machine to hand to check - but if so, it should be possible to use the above commands in a script to produce what you want.

RamNagalla

"This is a kind of basic requirement who use SLP"  

I may not agree with this statement...that is not basic requirement for SLP.

how you are palling to do the tape ejection  does it Manully ? for want have the automation..?

Vault is best for tape ejection 

and SLP is best for duplications... 

so you needs to make use of both to keep the things in well planed manner with automated features..

its very simple..

your requirement is to send dupicated tapes to offisite..

hear you go..

1) create one offsite volume pool

2) use the offiste volume pool in duplicate operation in SLP for which you want to use of offsite rotation

3) Configure Vault to eject the tapes only From Offsite Volume pool

and you are done.. you will get the all reports that you are looking from Vault and also tape ejection will be done .

and if you dont want to use the Vault..

then since you have created the offsite Volume pool(from above step 1 &2), all the tapes in that Volume pool contains the images that needs to be ejected for offsite.

so you have tape IDs, and usage...and you can run images on media report to get the detail of it.

Ajith_Sankar
Level 6
Certified

Thanks..

We already have offsite volume pool.

And creating vault for ejection is a good idea.

Thanks for the support.