cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP - force active outside window?

Genericus
   VIP   

Now that we have SLP windows, is there a way to force the next step if the window is not open?

If I have a SLP process:

1. backup to disk

2. duplicate to tape with SLP window starting at noon

If all my processes complete early, or I want to start this SLP at 10:00, is there a way to start it early?

I would prefer NOT to totally change the SLP window and force update the version as a solution, should I add this as an idea?

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS
3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
SLP windows work the same as Policy schedule windows. You wouldn't want to force that?

Genericus
   VIP   

If I have a backup shedule that starts at noon, if I want to start the backup early, I can right click and manually run the backup.

If I have duplications set to start at noon, perhaps because I expect tape drives available then, if I have one specific duplication I REALLY need, it might be nice to be able to run 

nbstlutil manually active -backupid blah and have the next stage start.

I know I could inactive and cancel the SLP backupid and manually duplicate the backupid, but I have all kinds of retentions, pool and alt read hosts set already. 

I guess I will create an idea, was hoping it was undocumented, or offered in a newer version.

IDEA https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/please-add-option-manually-run-next-step-slp

Please go and upvote it if you think it might be usefull

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Problem with IDEAS section is that NetBackup Product Managers no longer visit this Connect section...

A regional Product Manager told me recently that product enhancements should be submitted directly to Product Management via local reseller and/or Veritas SE.

(I have voted, for what it's worth....)