cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP report

Iwan_Tamimi
Level 6

Hi All, 

We do some important backup using disk (Data Domain) then using the SLP this backup will be replicate over to anoghter disk (also Data Domain) to the other site. The auditor ask how we make sure that the replication is running fine? Did we check everyday (the SLP process?)

How do I check this? It is almost  possible to check one by one everyday, but it gives me soe idea:

1. Check the backlog during certain time when there is no backup using SLP running.
    Is it this method ok? I found some script that can do this (https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/netbackup-slp-backlog-report-and-troubleshooting )

2. Send the email when a replication using SLP failed?
   I don't know how to do this. 

Any idea?

Thank you

Iwan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There are SLP Backup log and SLP status reports in opscenter. This will tell you if the images have been duplicated / replicated. It indicates that 1,2, or 3 copies are required as per the SLP. It then also shows you how many of the copies have been made 1/3, 2/3, 3/3.

That might help. Otherwise you'd have to verify the import jobs on the destination master.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst

There are SLP Backup log and SLP status reports in opscenter. This will tell you if the images have been duplicated / replicated. It indicates that 1,2, or 3 copies are required as per the SLP. It then also shows you how many of the copies have been made 1/3, 2/3, 3/3.

That might help. Otherwise you'd have to verify the import jobs on the destination master.

Iwan_Tamimi
Level 6

Hi Riaan,

Thank you for the reply. Can it also be automated send an email if there is a failure?

Regards,

Iwan Tamimi

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

The reports can be scheduled to be sent daily, weekly, etc.

You can also create alerts to send emails if an import job fails, or even if its successful. Up to you.