cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRT creating stuck on NetBackup Client installation files

EmilianKuster
Level 2

Hello,

I try to create SRT on RedHat. OS iso and 3PPCD iso was already provided but then I do not know how to point out to to Netbackup installation files correctly.

The following media is required:

NetBackup Client

Please load the media now.

Load media from (? for help) [/dev/cdrom] : /nbu90/NetBackup_9.0_LinuxR_x86_64
Mounting media ...ok.
Incorrect volume has been loaded, please try again.
Unmounting media ... ok.

This exact directory "/nbu90/NetBackup_9.0_LinuxR_x86_64" contains "install" file which was used to install netbackup earlier. 

NetBackup version 9.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @EmilianKuster 

What you need to create the SRT is the CLIENTS iso (or tarball). For Linux this would be the NetBackup_9.0_CLIENTS2.tar.gz file (from downloads). Extract this and point the utility at the root of that extraction and you should be good to continue.

I will agree it is not that clear what is required and the instructions don't really provide all the details.

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @EmilianKuster 

What you need to create the SRT is the CLIENTS iso (or tarball). For Linux this would be the NetBackup_9.0_CLIENTS2.tar.gz file (from downloads). Extract this and point the utility at the root of that extraction and you should be good to continue.

I will agree it is not that clear what is required and the instructions don't really provide all the details.

David

EmilianKuster
Level 2

Thanks David,

I was able to go one step further and Netbackup Clients installation is prompted, but now I'm stack on this error as the installation starts:

mnt/install: line 2783: //mnt/NBClients/catalog/anb/client.inst: Permission denied

File /tmp/install_trace.31880 contains a trace of this install.
That file can be deleted after you are sure the install was successful.
V-125-39 caught exception: runtime error in srtPlat.cpp:DoSystem()
Unmounting media ... ok.

EmilianKuster
Level 2

Nvm, it was just about changing some permissions