Environment

Netbackup Server OS = Windows 2003 R2 SP2

One Master/Media Server, One Media Server = 7.1

Tape Drive on Media Server = 4mm Standalone Drive

Tape Cartridge in Tape = A99997

Error

I dont know why same name of Tape are conflicting with each other

Activity Monitor

5/16/2012 4:46:31 PM - Info nbjm(pid=3836) starting backup job (jobid=9460) for client tech-server1, policy HDA, schedule HDA  
5/16/2012 4:46:31 PM - Info nbjm(pid=3836) requesting STANDARD_RESOURCE resources from RB for backup job (jobid=9460, request id:{318DEDAE-3581-4F9D-A81E-EB2FE0FC1F6E})  
5/16/2012 4:46:31 PM - requesting resource tpsbkp2-4mm
5/16/2012 4:46:31 PM - requesting resource tpsbkp.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.tech-server1
5/16/2012 4:46:31 PM - requesting resource tpsbkp.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.HDA
5/16/2012 4:46:32 PM - awaiting resource tpsbkp2-4mm A pending request has been generated for this resource request.
     Operator action may be required. Pending Action: No action.,
     Media ID: A99997, Barcode: --------, Density: 4mm, Access Mode: Write,
     Action Drive Name: N/A, Action Media Server: N/A, Robot Number: N/A, Robot Type: NONE,
     Volume Group: ---, Action Acs: N/A, Action Lsm: N/A

8 REPLIES 8

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What does vmquery -m A99997  show ?

If it shows NONE against library and no slot number, than it shows that this tape is not in the library

Martin

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You have more than one media server, right? Master is also media server?

On which media server tape drive is the tape loaded?

Please show us this output from cmd on media server tpsbkp2 and also on tpsbkp:

vmoprcmd -d

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Thanks for kind responses. Yes I have two Media Servers. Meanwhile I changed the Tape and doing the backup

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Super - as always, please be generous to mark the post that helped you the most as the solution ...

Martin

Zahid_Haseeb

Assumption:

While having dinner at home i thought this could be because:

My Tape Drive was installed on my Master/Media Server. After installing the new Media Server I moved that Tape Drive to the New Media Server. Earlier these Tapes Cartridges were backed up on Master/Media Server (and these Cartridges came backup after three months from DR Site). So that Tape may be in the Catalog information of Master/Media Server and now this Tape is trying to be backed up on new Media Server. In short earlier the information of Tape Cartridge was at Master/Media Server.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

what does nbrbutil -dump says..

try reassigning request. what does it says.

Zahid_Haseeb

Thanks Speadfreak for your kind words. I am actually busy in sending tapes at DR site now a days. As I get free I will share the required things with you.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Your device monitor shows only one drive and you have one mount request.

It should have automatically satisfied it but sometime you just need to drag that request onto the tape drive itself to kick it into life.

However, as you have moved the tape drive to a new media server you need to make the new media server own all of the old backups.

From the Master, in the netbackup\bin\admincmd\ directory just run:

bpimage -newserver medianame -oldserver mastername

Replace the mastername and medianame above with the names of your servers

This transfers all images from the Master to the Media and in doing so all tapes belog to the Media Server so that it can do the restores from the media server - this should solve it for you