cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting Vaulting

Colin_North
Level 6
Hi guys,
I'm using Netbackup 6.0 MP4 with Vault option on Windows 2003 Std Server. Each morning we run vault profiles / sessions and once the tapes are ejected we use "vltopmenu" to assign tapes to containers and then generate / print vault reports.

I am currently working on automating this process so there's minimal end user input. I've got the first part of my script working by using the "vltcontainers" command to assign tape numbers in a text file to my daily containers, but I am struggling with the following steps which I would manually action via "vltopmenu":

Function / step                                                   vltopmenu
Select vault profile                                             p) select profile
Enter profile name                                            Type in the profile name
Run vault profile reports                                    v) Run individual reports...
Picking list for robot report                                p) Picking list for robot
Vault inventory report                                         i) Vault inventory

I know that it's easy to re-print reports, but they need to be generated first. I've looked through the relevant manuals and this forum but can't find anything - any ideas?

Colin.

1 REPLY 1

Colin_North
Level 6
After some looking again through the commands manual I discovered the following:

vlteject -report -profile profile_name -sessionid id

With a bit more scripting this will do the trick.