cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script needed

Sheroo
Level 2

Hi there

I am a newbie in netbackup’s world..I need a little help from you people.

I am administrating the Veritas Netbackup for backups & restore … and I need to make a daily backup logs for the client … I do this with the activity monitor.. But now as the client and polices are becoming more and more its much difficult for me to do this manually..So I want a script which will help me in acquiring my desire result for the logs..

The parameters which I required are:

1)      Client name
2)      Date & time(start & end time of backup)
3)      Media barcode/Media number
4)      And the backup has done successfully/unsuccessfully

Example as below

Clinet name         Date                  Time                                    media barcode

ABC                29-apr-08        10:00:09-10:30:13                    000254L4
Xyz                  30-apr-09        15:10:05-16:03:00                    000060L4

I have tried some commands, but as I am not fimilair with those commands so couldn’t succeed
Any help from you will be too much appreciated

Thanks in advance &Best regards

Shiraz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
You can do this with bpdbjobs command and only grep, sed, awk whay you need, normaly: bpdbjobs -report show all what you need, just try and see if you need something else.

regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
You can do this with bpdbjobs command and only grep, sed, awk whay you need, normaly: bpdbjobs -report show all what you need, just try and see if you need something else.

regards

Sheroo
Level 2

Hi Omar

thanks for the reply. I tried this command and it will defiantly help me. but could you please tell me any command which give me the media barcode from the specified pool that is using by the client to write the date on that media

best regards and thanks in advance

Shiraz