cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Retention Levels

em23
Level 4
Hey all, when creating policies with NB 6.5 I noticed that there is no way to manually enter a Retention Level. With NB 5.1 I'm able to set Retention Level to 37 days, but with 6.5 I'm limited to what is available in the drop down. Is there a way to change this so I can enter number of days. I want to be able to set this to 37 days.

Thanks,
em23

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Changing a retention period
To change a retention period

In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Master Server > Double-click on master server > Retention Periods.
Select the retention level that you want to change.
Note: Level 9 cannot be changed and remains at a setting of infinite.
The policy impact list now displays the names of all schedules that use the selected retention level. It also lists the policy to which each schedule belongs.

Type the new retention period in the Value box.
Select the units of measure (days, weeks, months, years, infinite, or expires immediately).
Note: After Units or Value is changed, an asterisk (*) appears in the Changes Pending column to indicate that the period was changed. NetBackup does not change the actual configuration until Apply or OK is clicked.
Click Impact Report.
The policy impact list displays the schedules where the new retention period is less than the frequency period.

To prevent schedules from being listed, redefine the retention period for the schedules or change the retention or frequency for the schedule.

To discard your changes, click Cancel.
To save your changes and update the configuration, click one of the following:
•Apply: Saves the changes and leaves the dialog box open to make further changes.

•OK: Saves the changes since Apply was last clicked. OK also closes the dialog box.

To save the changes, click OK.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

quebek
   VIP    Certified
Try to scroll down and pick up a retention level 10 or greater (lvl 9 is for inifinity). Than You could set the unit (days, months etc) and a vaule.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Changing a retention period
To change a retention period

In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Master Server > Double-click on master server > Retention Periods.
Select the retention level that you want to change.
Note: Level 9 cannot be changed and remains at a setting of infinite.
The policy impact list now displays the names of all schedules that use the selected retention level. It also lists the policy to which each schedule belongs.

Type the new retention period in the Value box.
Select the units of measure (days, weeks, months, years, infinite, or expires immediately).
Note: After Units or Value is changed, an asterisk (*) appears in the Changes Pending column to indicate that the period was changed. NetBackup does not change the actual configuration until Apply or OK is clicked.
Click Impact Report.
The policy impact list displays the schedules where the new retention period is less than the frequency period.

To prevent schedules from being listed, redefine the retention period for the schedules or change the retention or frequency for the schedule.

To discard your changes, click Cancel.
To save your changes and update the configuration, click one of the following:
•Apply: Saves the changes and leaves the dialog box open to make further changes.

•OK: Saves the changes since Apply was last clicked. OK also closes the dialog box.

To save the changes, click OK.

quebek
   VIP    Certified
aaa J.Hinchcliffe is right, while writing my post I was thiniking exactly about the this place which he described ;d
NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Master Server > Double-click on master server > Retention Periods.

em23
Level 4
sweet! thanks guys!