cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Storage Option or Not???

GrupoAdmin
Level 2

We recently changed our infrastructure and I'm having trouble with the config of our Netbackup 6.5 environment capturing NDMP data as well as exchange 2007 and Sharepoint data. We have an EMC NS40 that is being backed up with NDMP to a Quantum PX502 with dual drives. All devices the Host Netbackup server, NS40, Exchange, SPS and Tape library are connected Fiber to a brocade 2800 fiber switch. The Exchange and SPS servers are configured direct attached SAN disks so I cannot see the devices with the media server as it only wants to read NDMP clients.

I have also purchase the client license for Exch and SPS.

I can provide more info and a diagram if it would help.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

What kind of configuration are u trying to use Single-NDMP, 3way-NDMP or Remote-NDMP? this is a key fact on your NDMP configuration, normly if you are sharing your drives you use Remote-NDMP but probably you dont know yet so I will recomend you to take a look the NDMP guide and check for the models this way you can see which piece are you missing.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290205.htm

regards

GrupoAdmin
Level 2

Omar,

I have reveiwed the documentation and I am not sure how to identify what instance of NDMP I'm using. Im going to assume Remote. We are currently able to capture backups from NDMP host its when I want to create a new policy to capture data from the Exchange client I cant use the NDMP storage group and it dosent have any further options other than Media Server or Disk.

I can see the exchange host but no way to grab the data. Is this what SSO is for>