cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent install for NBU 7.6.0.1 Java

SpazFu
Level 2

Hello I have am using in the NetBackup on quite a few of our comptures and can do the set up manually but I am looking for a silent installation solution.

I know that I can silently install other NetBackup items. I have used the silentclient.cmd and silentadmin.cmd and was hoping there was something similar for the Java Addon.

NetBackup_7.6.0.1_Win\Addons\x64\JavaInstallFiles

I tried to create an ISS file with the command setup.exe -r but that does not seem to produce the response file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SpazFu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

I am just curious to understand why would you want to install Java admin console silently. The access to this console is given to specific people only and can be installed manually with less efforts. On the contrary silent installation for Netbackup client makes sense as there might be thousands of computers to install the client.

At the end there is no silent installation for java admin console from Veritas. Though you may try group policies for remote installation to push the installations using .msi file. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

I am just curious to understand why would you want to install Java admin console silently. The access to this console is given to specific people only and can be installed manually with less efforts. On the contrary silent installation for Netbackup client makes sense as there might be thousands of computers to install the client.

At the end there is no silent installation for java admin console from Veritas. Though you may try group policies for remote installation to push the installations using .msi file. 

SpazFu
Level 2

Thanks SymGuy-IT for the quick response.

There are multiple systems that are going to need the Java Admin Console and several that are already in the field.

I currently have scripts that install most of the software needed on my computers including vmware. When they decided to move to the Java Admin Console I wanted to be able to add it to the systems automatically and to be able to write a script that will recofigure all my machines in the field so I do not have to go to each one.

I will look into your GP and/or msi file suggestions.

Again thanks,

SpazFu

SpazFu
Level 2

I tried msiexec /a with the msi file and it looks like it does something but it does not set up the Java Admin Console like Setup.exe does.

I also tried msiexec /program with the msi and a warning comes up saying the msi file must be call via Setup.exe

SpazFu