cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution For 32 bit NBU Server and 64 bit clients

dantes
Level 3
Hi guys, my scenario is like this, I have a 32 bit Netbackup Server and with 64 bit client servers, the NBU is working just fine for scheduled and manual backup but unfortunately its only for the Master Server itself, client servers is producing errors 71 (none of the files in the file list exist ) and error 159 (server is not licensed for remote client option licensed use has been exceeded).

When I tried to use the 64 bit Client Installer neither in Master Server or in Client Server it says that its not compatible w/ processor/machine type. So id rather use the 32 bit Client installer directly to each 64 bit server.
At first, it perfectly backing up the clients by means of manual but now errors are produced.

Can someone pls share me a solution for error 71 and 159 appropriate in my scenario.
And any comments regarding on 32 bit client installed in 64 bit.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
you should use the 64 bit client on a 64 bit client.

but you need to use the CORRECT 64 bit client on each 64 bit client.

the IA64 is NOT for intel or amd processors.

dantes
Level 3
Hello, Thanks for the information its really helpful.

By the way do you know all the ways on w/c how can we get the client installer 64 bit for Intel processor.
And we already have a licensed Veritas Netbackup 6.0 for 32 bit and IA 64 bit.

Thanks again

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
go to the same place you got your other versions and jet the WIN64 one.  This is for AMD and Intel.