cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific Days vs Recuring Days for a calendar schedule

John_Snodgrass
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I've done some digging with google and the 7.5 admin guide, and I can't find an answer to my question.  I have my schedules all setup the way I want and they run correctly. I have a weekly schedule setup to run the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and last Saturday.  The monthly is set to the 2nd Saturday.

I have a situation where I need to run a extra copy of the monthly backup.  If I go in and add a specific date of 4/18 for the monthly, will the Specific day run or the recurring saturday for the weekly, or both??  I know I can work around it and make it do what I want, but it sure would be nice if I could just go in and add a specific day to run something special when needed.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

if I am not wrong, if your weekly and monthly schedule start time is same , then it will look for the longer retenction schedule and give prority to that one and only run the longer retenction schedule.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

i jsut did the small test  with calender schedule and yes it did trigger the only schedule whith the longer retenction.. when both scheduels have the same start time.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why run another backup? Just duplicate the monthly (bpduplate/SLP/Vault)

If 2 jobs are scheduled at the same time, the one with the higher retention will run. If either starts before the other than assuming it uses the full window, the other wont run.

John_Snodgrass
Level 4
Partner Accredited

They need to run it again it's a long story.  I wish I could just duplicate it.

Since I don't have time to test this now and I will be out of town all weekend, unable to monitor this, here is what I'm going to do.

1) Weekly_Full, added an exclude date for 4/18/2015

2) Monthly_Full, added a specific date for 4/18/2015

Overall this is not too bad to manage.  I was originally thinking I needed to uncheck the 3rd weekend, then remember to add it back in again next week.  I'll do some testing of some small backups next week and see what it does with various configurations.