cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify the order in which Vcenter servers are queried.

JonathanM
Level 3

Hello everyone,

We are running NBU 7.7.2 across the board and connecting to a mixture of Vcenters, 5.5 and 6.   There are 4 total Vcenter servers for different clusters.  

Is there any way to determine which Vcenter server will be queried first by a particular policy?  This weekend past there was a Vcenter migration that went poorly.  We had a large number of policies fail (even from different clusters as NBU will only try one Vcenter and fail if it cannot connect to that one).

What I would like to do is have the main production cluster always queried first but I cannot determine any rhyme or reason to which Vcenter a particular policy will query.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

hello,

You can configure it inside the vmware policy, under VMware tab > Advanced > VMware server list.

Hope it helps.

kind regards

View solution in original post

Thank you for that option.  That will certainly be helpful though time consuming!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sclind
   VIP   

Does "VMware server list" do that perhaps?  It doesnt mention order - but maybe that is implied:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.v62458854_v118238945

Thank you for the reply and the link Sclind.

The problem Vcenter server was actually the last one in the list.  About half of our policies in this environment queried this server.  The other half queried the main production cluster Vcenter.

As with everything in NBU you can sort the columns.  Of the 4 Vcenter servers, the problem child was neither at the beginning nor end alphabetically/numerically in the naming conventions.  Thats kind of what put me at a loss and sent me to the boards!

hello,

You can configure it inside the vmware policy, under VMware tab > Advanced > VMware server list.

Hope it helps.

kind regards

Thank you for that option.  That will certainly be helpful though time consuming!