cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoold.exe continuously hangs

hawkinsm
Level 2

Hello all,

I am running NetBackup 7.5 using a clustered master and 3 media servers. One media server has a MSDP dedup volume that was running perfectly until last week. Spoold.exe continues to hang and holds all available memory resources. All backups on that volume get error status 84.

Critical bptm(pid=8072) image open failed: error 2060001: one or more invalid arguments Info bpbkar32(pid=23412) change journal NOT enabled for <E:\ProgramFiles\HP\ConnectlT9.30en>

Info bptm(pid=8072) EXITING with status 84

We are running on a Windows Server 2008R2 OS.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hawkinsm
Level 2

All looked normal in the logs. I did go ahead and apply the patch to version 7.5.0.7 and the volume is now working. I will need to upgrade the RAM because it is commiting the majority of my RAM to spoold.exe even when there is no activity or jobs running.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hello,

what is the avaliable space on MSDP pool

please post all detail status for the failed job and also attach the storaged.log from the MSDP

<storagepath>\log\spoold\storaged.log.

hawkinsm
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. I have 18TB free.

relevent detail job status

Critical bptm(pid=9044) image open failed: error 2060001: one or more invalid arguments

info bptm(pid=9044) EXITING with status 84

end writing

media write error(84)

The system is not internet connected so I cannot attach the log, but I can search for something in the storaged.log if you let me know what to look for. Sorry if this makes it more difficult.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

You didn't mention your maintenance pack level.

Might be this issue http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199067

Check the logs as per the note.

hawkinsm
Level 2

So I checked the bptm.log and everything looks good until it gets to this line

bp_sts_open_image: STH set to STS_SA_IMAGE

254139:bptm:7584:<hostname>: [ERROR] PDSTS: impl_set_imh_image_prop: PdvfsClose()failed (22:Invalid argument)

254139:bptm:7584:<hostname>: [ERROR] PDSTS: impl_image_handle: impl_set_imh_image_prop() failed (2060001:one or more invalid arguments)

254139:bptm:7584:<hostname>: [ERROR] PDSTS: impl_create_image: impl_image_handle() failed (2060001:one or more invalid arguments)

bp_sts_open_image: sts_create_image failed: error 2060001

RiaanBadenhorst

Check the spoold log too

hawkinsm
Level 2

All looked normal in the logs. I did go ahead and apply the patch to version 7.5.0.7 and the volume is now working. I will need to upgrade the RAM because it is commiting the majority of my RAM to spoold.exe even when there is no activity or jobs running.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

RiaanBadenhorst

Remember 1GB for each TB of space (after the minimum of 4 GB has been allocated)