cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start a VMWare backup from the guest system / client / vm

Thomas_Schulz_3
Level 5

Hello.

I can start a backup with "bpbackup" froim the Master Server, but how can i start a normal Fullbackup from the guest?

The following will work from the Master or Media Server.

bpbackup -i -p <VMWare_Policy> -h <Name_of_the_guest> -s Full -S <NbuMasterServer>

And how must i start the backup on the guests command shell?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

In order for your to launch the backup from the client, you would need to have the client software installed. The benefit of VMWare backups is not having the client software installed on VM clients. The vcenter plugin in 7.6 allows for a restore of a backup, but not a launch.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

In order for your to launch the backup from the client, you would need to have the client software installed. The benefit of VMWare backups is not having the client software installed on VM clients. The vcenter plugin in 7.6 allows for a restore of a backup, but not a launch.

Mai_Ali
Level 4
Accredited Certified

On clients:

The -f option of bpbackup starts a user backup equivalent to what is performed by using the interface on the client. This type of backup can be started from any NetBackup client to back up files from that client.

bpbackup processes the files that you list on the command line or in the file that you specify with the -f listfile option. A file path can be a file name or a directory name. If the named files include a directory, bpbackup backs up all files and subdirectories of that directory; it starts at the directory itself.

Note:

In addition to listing individual files or directories, bpbackup can also use directives to indicate the files to be backed up. For example: bpbackup "/Shadow Copy Components/" or bpbackup "/System State/". Clients can enter the directive in the listfile using the bpbackup -f <listfile> option

For command shell normal Fullbackup from the guest, you can refer below link

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO43639