cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 196 when backing up to disk

Russell_Manaois
Level 4
NBU 6.0 MP4, Sun Solaris, single media/master server; Data Domain restorer (disk); Quantum PX506 tape library

When running weekend full backups, some jobs are failing due to status 196, backup window closed.  These jobs are scheduled to start around the same time that my Exchange Mailbox full backup policy is running (6 streams for specific ranges of the alphabet).  No disk-to-tape duplications are scheduled during this time.  I have tried extending the backup windows for the failing jobs (with no resolution), and this weekend, I have increased the STU Maximum concurrent jobs parameter from 10 to 20.  Since I am backing up to disk, are there any other NBU parameters that I should consider modifying?

Thanks in advance,

--Russell
2 REPLIES 2

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
Don't forget to recycle NetBackup daemons after making configuration changes.

Also check for maximum jobs per client in Master server Global attributes (in case multiple jobs for specific clients are failing).

Russell_Manaois
Level 4
Issue resolved.

When Exchange mailbox policy was created, it was assigned a very high job priority.  Changing the job priority to 0 allowed all the other jobs running against it to share resources and complete successfully.