cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape drive showing as "Missed_drive_xxxx"

prasanna
Level 3

Hi All,

we have problem with one drive and it has been replaced manually with a new drive by the vendor.

Now when trying to see the new drive it showing like "missed_drive_pathxxx (old path)"

Can anybody help me on this????

After the drive configuration i restarted the services even though i am not able to see the new drive.

Earlier response is appreciated...........

Thanks in advance

Prasanna

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_Rae
Level 3
Did you delete the old drive from within the netbackup configuration, and then configure the new one? Drives are identified by serial number, so if this has changed with the new drive  it will show as missing. Also is the new drive showing at the OS level?

prasanna
Level 3

Hi Rae,

Thanks for your response......but i am not expertise on tape configuration......

can you give me full details please....

I guess we need to configure the tape drive using tpconfig command but no idea how to do it.....

so can you help me on this please???????

Regards,

Prasanna

F_J
Level 4

Run the Device Configuration Wizard in the Admin console to re-configure drives.

prasanna
Level 3

I had done it...........but no luck......any idea??

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

do you use the gui?

does more then one server use the tape drive? (meaning when you look at it, shows more then one media server name).

in order for the autconfig to work you have to first delete the tape drive.

If it is only one server then delete it then run what they told you and it hopefully will recreate.

-----

if more then one server is using the tape drive.

then open up the drive in the gui and delete the entry for the server that is showing the missing drive.

say ok and yes let it bounce the process ( be sure NO TAPE DRIVES ARE IN USE WHEN YOU DO THIS).

now open it up again and add back the entry for that media server and again let it bounce the process.