Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The parameter is incorrect. Restoring DLO

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

In a company where NBU DLO already installed, when I try to restore an item from the console to an alternate directory on the same server, the system sent the error:

4/5/2012 9:56:59 AM - Restore - \\Bz1vtsmas01\Temp\B042\AWB.pdf was not restored. The parameter is incorrect.   - http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml?EvtID=V-139-35840-20130

The eventlookup refer to another error an I search in the web for same error and can't find.

The Netbackup DLO is 6.1 SP3

Does anybody found this error before?

Regards,

Carlos Espinzoa

2 REPLIES 2

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

The error is most likely reported back from the Windows file system, and DLO is just relaying it back. It could possibly be just a permission issue for the user running the restore/DLO services running.

Which OS is the client running? Are there any relevant events in the Windows event log?

If possible, you should consider to upgrade to a later maintenance pack as well.

/A

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi A,

This doesn't occurs in client side. The restore operation is making on server console and the repository to restore file(s) is in a temporary folder on the same server. The restore failed with the error that I show.

There aren´t logs in the event viewer referred to this error.

Carlos