cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typo

bbagwell
Level 2

I am running NetBackup 7.0. During set up there was a typo in one of the client names. It has been corrected in the policy under "clients" where the typo took place. NetBackup still tries to back it up which causes the backup to fail.

I have search /usr/openv/netbackup/db... and the directories under that "client", "class" with the policy name where the typo took place, /etc/hosts just in case...

I can not find any entry to match the old typo...

The system still tries to back up the bad client.

Any suggesttions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Okay.. what is the backup policy type that you are using...? does it FS backup or DB backups?

does the policy is begin trigggred from client end or scheduled in Netabckup?

did you make sure no one is restarting the failed job from Activity Moniter(i would delete all from activity moniter to make sure ) 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Okay.. what is the backup policy type that you are using...? does it FS backup or DB backups?

does the policy is begin trigggred from client end or scheduled in Netabckup?

did you make sure no one is restarting the failed job from Activity Moniter(i would delete all from activity moniter to make sure ) 

rookie11
   VIP   

1) create a new policy ( do not copy paste ) then add correct client name. 

2) bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache on client server master and media server.

once done try backup

bbagwell
Level 2

It is a standard policy, FS backup and it is scheduled. That would be me restarting the failed backup on the activity monotor. I will delete the activity.

Thank you

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How long ago did you change the policy?

NBU only re-reads policy config according to the 'Policy update interval' in Global Attributes.

Does Activity Monitor show 'Immediate' or 'Scheduled' in top left of Job Overview tab?

bbagwell
Level 2

THANK YOU for the help. Deleted all the failed backups, and did a manual restart from the policy. All little blue men. Thanks again!

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Please "Mark as soloution" the post that helped you.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Not mine - the one that helped you resolving the issue!!

bbagwell
Level 2

You resolved the issue I did not mark the issue to be resolved... I am new thanks! I did clear the solution...

Thanks Again

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

All OK now  - Thanks !