cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel a job

rudif
Level 3

Hi,

I right click, choose 'Cancel Job' but no response.  I have job in the queue waiting for a tape for over 2 weeks.

Is there another method to cancel a job.  I know if I reboot, the job will cancel.

Running Netbackup 7.1.0.1.

rudif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

If you do not have any active jobs running you can run 'nbrbutil -resetAll' from the master server, which should kill that. Also you do not have to restart the entire server. A restart of just nbu should take care of that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rizwan84tx
Level 6
Certified

DOCUMENTATION: How to manually remove jobs from the NetBackup Activity Monitor which are in a queued state, and cannot be canceled or killed, or removed by cycling the NetBackup services/daemons.

URL : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43177

RonCaplinger
Level 6

I've had many times where there is an oustanding tape mount request displayed in the bottom half of the Device Monitor, and the job will not cancel until I right-click the tape mount and select "deny". 

You may not have this issue, but its worth checking.

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

If you do not have any active jobs running you can run 'nbrbutil -resetAll' from the master server, which should kill that. Also you do not have to restart the entire server. A restart of just nbu should take care of that.

Genericus
   VIP   

LOL - install the WINDOWS version of the admin console - it will often allow you to kill a job that the JAVA admin console will not.

The command line options work as well - just be very carefull!

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

That's strange, but what ever works :D

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

Sometimes I go to the media server running the job and find the bptm & bpbrm processes related to that job and whack 'em! (kill).