cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Windows NetBackup client

cyberninja
Level 6

Hello,

I just ran the update_clients script to update all the UNIX/Linux clients at one time. How can I update all the Windows clients in the same matter?

I have the Master server on a Solaris 10 server and a Media Server on a  Windows server 2008.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You could run the "install" on your PC but select to install on remote computers.

e.g.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You could run the "install" on your PC but select to install on remote computers.

e.g.

cyberninja
Level 6

Thanks I will show this to the Windows team.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

We are using a Windows server as a NetBackup LiveUpdate server and it work great for this. 

I just went through the steps to upgrade all of our servers from 6.x to 7.1.0.1 and found that some of our NBU clients could not be upgraded from 6.5.x to 7.1 if they had been pushed from another Windows server. 

The installer was failing with an error (don't remember what it said exactly).

So I tried to uninstall the previous version using Add/Remove programs.  This reported that the NetBackup installer's .msi file was missing on the client and was trying to locate it on one of our old decommed NBU servers, which was where someone was pushing the client from before.  I had to copy all of the old 6.5.x install files to C:\temp on the client, then retry the uninstallation and redirect the installer to the C:\temp directory so it could find the .msi file.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

to justify.

Don't hear much on the forums about it - suppose that means it works just fine!

cyberninja
Level 6

Thanks for your answers. The Windows team is upgrading one at a time.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Just via the remote install suggested?

Are they just doing one at a time so that they can monitor more readily?