cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent !! Need Netbackup 5.1 MP 4 Media for Windows 2003 64 Bit Servers Or NBU 6.5 64 Bit ICS and Base NBU

Boomchi_t3
Level 3
Partner

Hi Folks , 

I know its an odd ask but I have been given a challange to run an upgarde of a 5.0 MP 2 Server to NBU 7.7. I have completed the catalog consistancy and all I am looking for someone who can help me finding either of the following .

1. NBU 5.1 MP 4 base for Windows 64 Intel

or 

2. MP 7 of NBU 5.0 

or

3. NBU 6.5 64 windows 2003 64 Bit Intel base and ICS 

Once again  I know its odd but i am sure we will have someone in forum who keeps these archive :)

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Boomchi-t3,

Unfortunately both of those products are well past their EOSL (6.5 has been EOSL for more than 3 years).  If you do some searches, you will find numerous threads in the forum asking the same thing, with the same result - no-one, not even Veritas support can provide those binaries.

Even if you could get them, and you run into problems during your upgrade, you will be stuck with no support.  You would be much better off setting up a new environment with a newer supported version.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Boomchi-t3,

Unfortunately both of those products are well past their EOSL (6.5 has been EOSL for more than 3 years).  If you do some searches, you will find numerous threads in the forum asking the same thing, with the same result - no-one, not even Veritas support can provide those binaries.

Even if you could get them, and you run into problems during your upgrade, you will be stuck with no support.  You would be much better off setting up a new environment with a newer supported version.

Steve

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Even if you find someone on this forum with this software to share privately, you have a very long and difficult road ahead.
Some resellers and Symantec employees have NBU 6.5 dvd's in a 'bottom drawer' but 5.1 is going to be near impossible to find....

Please read through this post:

Planning for upgrade from 5.1 to 7.1 

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

I agree with Steve, park up your old environment and let the images all expire over time and decommission it

Install a new 7.7.1 environment.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I found this in an old log file:

http://kbdownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION/45000/TECH45575/en_US/NB_51_4_M_280950.winnt.x64.exe

...so it used to exist at TECH45575, so I would have expected it to exist here:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH45575

...but that doesn;t lead anywhere...

...which is odd, because this one for 5.1 MP4 S01 does still exist (i.e. has been migrated from Symantec to Veritas):

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH46903

I think that if you ask Veritas nicely, then someone kind may bring TECH45575 back to life for you.