cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBR Reports stopped working

Casey_King
Level 6
Running Veritas Backup Reporter 6.0.  Report updates stopped working on Friday. I checked the services and all were running, but I restarted them anyway.  Nothing in the logs that threw any errors.  The only thing I can contemplate as being a possible problem is the licensing.  I am licensed for a certain number but right now it says I have 40 more clients than I do licenses.  Is there a default setting somewhere that allows the software to work until it reaches a "overage" and then it stops working?  I have yet to decide how the Veritas NetBackup Reporter software decides how to count clients because I do not have as many as it says I do.

Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

Methos8
Level 4
I had that problem after a reboot of our VBR server.  Following any reboot I had to also restart the VBR services on our master server.  It will start collecting data again following the reboot of the services.

Stumpr2
Level 6

Methos8 wrote:
I had that problem after a reboot of our VBR server.  Following any reboot I had to also restart the VBR services on our master server.  It will start collecting data again following the reboot of the services.

Casey,
Did the restarting of the services fix your problem?

Also, please rember to fill out your T.P.S. Report and don't forget to attach the T.P.S. cover sheet.

Casey_King
Level 6
I did restart the services...although there were no errors.  And those darn TPS reports get me every time.  I was gone for the last two days, but I did an update on all my reports this morning and my daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reports all updated with the missing information.  I am not sure why this did not happen on monday when I tried to update the info.  I am going to write it up as:

1. I am impatient
2. Symantec ghosts

I did open a case with Syamtec to discuss this, but I more things to worry about now that it is working....you know the old cliche....if it is working....don't fix it.  SAP has me pretty tied up at the moment (and when I mean "at the moment" I truly mean...for the rest of my life....that is what we call computer-speak)....LOL