cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware Restore - NetBackup 7.5 Beta 2

Bob_RRR
Not applicable

The restore interface does not appear to function properly for VMware policy type.  Keep getting:  WARNING: unable to obtain list of files using specified search criteria.

My client do not have an agent installed and is being backed up with VMware policy.  Master, Media Server, and backup host are all on the same system.

12 REPLIES 12

Jed_Gresham
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Without seeing what you're trying to do, I'd say you should open a ticket.  Though if I were troubleshooting my first instinct would be to tell you hit the arrow to drop down a list of restore types in the Backup Archive and Restore gui and choose to restore from vmware backup image, or restore files and folders.  If you are restoring files and folders you need to change the source client to the VM you backed up.

Jed

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Also remember to select the source client using the name exactly as it appeared during the backup and remeber that the backup type for the 7.5 Beta is now VMWare (if i remeber correctly), not Flashbackup-Windows

Jed_Gresham
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Was this issue resolved by troubleshooting, or do you still have this issue?

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are trying to restore a single file, then verify you are restoring from Normal Backup by selecting the downward arrow next to the "Select for Restore" button.  Also verify the Specify NetBackup machines and policy type is set to Flashbackup-Windows and the Source Client is the VM as configured in the Policy.

If you are trying to restore the FullVM, verify the downward arrow next to "Select for Restore" is set to "Restore from the Virtual Machine Backup".

Check how many files were backed up as it may show your policy is not configured correctly.

RenC
Not applicable
Employee Accredited

Bob,

Did you get your issue resolved? Was a support case opened?  If you need more help, can you post the exact steps you are taking to see your files and which GUI you are using...Windows, JAVA, or the new OpsCenter Operation Restore?  Thanks.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Bob I have another beta user with the same issue I will update this if the issue is identified

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Open a support case for ALL beta issues, ESPECIALLY stuff we should be fixing before the beta is over!

Marty_Boeckman
Level 2
Employee

Make sure you have entered the VM name correctly

Brian_Smith1
Level 4
Employee

To clarify, the FlashBackup-Windows policy type is still capable of performing VMware backups.  This is required for backwards compatibility & upgrading.  However, we do strongly suggest that you use the new VMware policy, because of the benefit of reporting and managing a distinct VMware policy (that doesn't overlap with Hyper-V or Windows FlashBackup).  I don't believe it's in the beta documentation yet, but there will be support in the bpplconvert tool to perform a bulk policy conversion.  Or, users can simply use the policy editor and change the policy type.

Regards,
Brian SMith

falti_manullang
Level 5
Partner

select the right backup images, first.

Antonio_Mart_n
Level 3

It's resolved? I have the same issue, if you backup your vmware VM with the policy configured as FlashBackup Windows you can restore both, single file and entire VM. If you configure the policy type as vmware the normal backup restoration did not work.

I have done two examples, the first backup (10 of november) the policy type was configured as FlashBackup Windows and you can restore full VM or file level. the second example (16 of november) the policy type was configured as VMWare and only can restore full VW, in normal backup didn't show backups of this day.

Antonio_Mart_n
Level 3

When you use VMware policy tipe this enables a new tab where you can configure the "Enable file recovery"