cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Eject issue

Deepak_G
Level 6
Certified

I have master running on Linux - NBU 7.0.1 - Media server windows 2003 - NBU6.5.5

I have a vault policy for a profile and the media's didnt get ejected. The policy is used only to eject tapes from a volumepool.

The media's in the volume pool had vault SID assigned next to them because of which the vault didnt pick them as valid tapes to eject.

When I created a new profile and initiated a session it picked up all the media's for eject.

In this scenario, will there be a lock file available which I need to remove (Lock file for previous sessions for which the media's didnt get ejected properly).

5 REPLIES 5

Deepak_G
Level 6
Certified

Can some one throw some light on it....!!!!!!!!!!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Deepak, it seems that none of us 'regulars' on Connect have experienced similar issues. Your problem is also not something that can be easily looked up in a manual or Googled. Your best bet will be to have a look in Vault session folder to see if you can find any lock file(s).

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I'll try and get Vault set up and have a look .  There is  a file that cnontains the status of ejects I'll have a look.

Martin

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There are the usual robot lock files in /usr/openv/volmgr/misc  So you can remove any EJECT*.txt files.

There is the vlteject.mstr file in /usr/openv/netbackup/vault/sessions - this allows vault to tract if a eject has been run for a particular vault SID - it 's not a lock file, and multiple eject attempts can be made.

Do you have a file like this ...

/usr/openv/netbackup/vault/sessions/vlteject.mstr.lock  - This is a lock file that lives on the master.

The vlteject.mstr.lock file should only be removed if there are no other vault sessions active.  This lock file will exist if there are other vault sessions active.  Care should be taken before attempting to remove this file so as not to impact other vault sessions.  If this lock file exists move it out of way and attempt to eject the media again.  If the eject is successful then the vlteject.mstr.lock file can be safely removed from the master.

Martin

Deepak_G
Level 6
Certified

I had logged a case with symantec and engineer collect the logs and update me that the profile was corrupted and suggested to go ahead with a new profile.

hence, I had started using the new profile which I had already created for the testing purpose and replicate the settings from the orignal profile.