Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault and NB Mail address

srinivas_kata2
Level 3
Certified

Hi 

I have configured catalog backup & Vault everything working fine. only concern is regarding mailing address, all these mails are publishing with my id ( individual id), please suggest me how to change sender name to Generic id.

Netbackup Master: 7.6.0.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Also .. what account did you use when you installed blat .. it may have been set then.

Check the registry .. HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Public Domain\Blat\ ... the Sender key has the address in it.

There are various places in the Vault Properties it can be set too

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Maybe, amend the "blat" command in your nbmail.cmd script to use the "-sender <name>" argument/switch ?

srinivas_kata2
Level 3
Certified

Thank you, let me implement the same.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Also .. what account did you use when you installed blat .. it may have been set then.

Check the registry .. HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Public Domain\Blat\ ... the Sender key has the address in it.

There are various places in the Vault Properties it can be set too

Hope this helps

sdo

Here's an example of using stunnel to avoid the first hop of the email being 'unencrypted':

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/blat-not-authenticating-email-user

...however, what the email server does with it afterwards is out of our hands.

sdo

What I think Srinivas wants to do is hide the sending account email address.  Which I think can be done with one of the blat options, either -from or -sender I guess.  But I don't understand what this will achieve.  All emails always contain the source email address account name, and so hiding the true originating email address behgind a "display name" isn't going to stop any sniffers for determining the true email adress anyway.  IMO, personally, I wouldn't bother.  If the email is going out plain text over the internet, then there's not a lot anyone can do to hide the contents.

There is a third party tools called 'stunnel' which can be used to send emails from Windows via SSL to a receiving SMTP host.  I'll see if I can find the link where I've previously posted how to use it.

srinivas_kata2
Level 3
Certified

yes it worked after updating in registry

the registry .. HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Public Domain\Blat\ ... the Sender key has the address in it.

Thank you all for your help  :)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Great!  - don't forget to close off the thread using the "Mark as Solution" button against the answer(s) that solved your question