cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault duplication job's priority

Mindaugas_Lauci
Level 5

Hi,

I noticed that our vault job runs slower that before. I noticed that vault related duplication jobs are waiting in queue till regular duplication (disk to tape) jobs finish.

I checked vault profile and I saw that duplication job priority is set to 99999. Why vault duplication jobs are waiting then? Is there any other settings I need to change?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

vault will not start until all your backups are done, other thing to check are your media servers if one of them is unavailable the catalog can take long time to finish because is waiting for that media server, also check how your library is doing normaly ejects can be delayed because the CAP is lock or open so your vault just sits there until that is ready to be use.

hope this helps.

regards

Mindaugas_Lauci
Level 5

Thanks!

I'm vaulting images which were written last week. All regular duplications (disk to tape) are not related to vault. Those jobs are duplicating recent images (last night's backup images). Vault duplication jobs looks for last week's images and duplicates images form "regular" tape to new vault "tape".

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
have you check the difference between your old images and the new ones maybe you have an increase of data that you havent see, sometimes users can fill out a file server in a couple of days with mp3's and all that kind of stuff, also under the vault logs you can see which images are taking longer to be duplicated the issue can be just with one or two of them and then you'll be back to your regular time

Mindaugas_Lauci
Level 5

My main concern is - why vault related duplication jobs are sitting in a queue and waiting till regular duplication jobs finish. I set high priority on vault duplication jobs.

For example, I have vault job running for few days, one vault duplication is in progress. At 10AM temp staging policy kicks in and starts duplicating images form disk to tape. ~11AM vault job creates new duplication job to duplicate few images from old tape to vault tape and this jobs is waiting in line....