cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View RMAN Backup on Admin Console

technimdaxviii
Level 5

By running a command to list rman backup on a tape, I can see the backup pieces. Unfornately, when using Admin Console, there is no backup pieces.

Reference: Viewing Oracle RMAN Backups on Administration Console

Is it possible to view the RMAN backup on Admin Console(Policy type is Oracle)? Only I can see were standard backup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
As per your reference, you can only view Oracle backups in the BAR GUI on the Oracle client. Not possible on the master.

The only way that Oracle backups can be listed on the master, is using bplist command from cmd.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
As per your reference, you can only view Oracle backups in the BAR GUI on the Oracle client. Not possible on the master.

The only way that Oracle backups can be listed on the master, is using bplist command from cmd.

Hi Marianne,

Thank you. Yes, I can see the backup on the client. The thing is, I can't see the "backup pieces" of RMAN using the GUI. It only show the instance, datafiles, archivelog, users and tablespace. Is it possible to look for the backup pieces created by RMAN? Running bplist, it show me the pieces.

Marianne
Level 6
No. Not possible on Master server.

All possible ways to list and view Oracle backups are documented in the NBU for Oracle manual (same as per my previous post).

Thank you Marianne. I'll look into it.