cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmware Backup Policy

derhoeppi85
Level 3

Hi,

i need a little help by creating a VMware backup and storage policy. I want to create a policy that create one full backup and daily incrementals. The primary target of the backup is a dedup pool. Every weekend should be a copy of a fullbackup to tape. I think it is possible to synthetic the full backup and the incrementials to a new full backup that would be copy to a tape. How i can configure this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is your version? and dedupe storage?

In 7.6 you can use the accelerator and nbu appliance to run a vmware full backup each day. The accelerator takes the first full, and after that use vmware cbt to backup only block level changes. On the appliance is then creates synthetic fulls automatically. You can use an SLP to conifgure the first and secondary backup locations.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is your version? and dedupe storage?

In 7.6 you can use the accelerator and nbu appliance to run a vmware full backup each day. The accelerator takes the first full, and after that use vmware cbt to backup only block level changes. On the appliance is then creates synthetic fulls automatically. You can use an SLP to conifgure the first and secondary backup locations.

derhoeppi85
Level 3

Hi,

okay i use the accelerator and take a full backup every day, so that only changed blocks are transferd. Additional i create a SLP to backup to disc and every weekend to tape.

Thanks