cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get Netbackup 7 Consol manager software?

RKS
Level 4

Hi, I want to install Netbackup 7 Consol manager software in my laptop, rather than going to Master sever and opening Netbackup consol, I think I can also install Consol in my laptop and while the time of installing it will ask master server IP. 

Just asking because, want to mange the Netbackup 7 with my laptop rather than loging in to master server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can find the Windows Admin Console as well as the Java Console on the Windows Install media.

My advice: For Windows Master, use Windows Admin Console; for Unix master, use Java Console.

If you don't have NBU media kit, you need to download the Windows software from FileConnect . You will need the product serial number that can be found on your license key certificate.

Download NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.1of2 and NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.2of2.
Use instructions in NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA_README.txt (also on FileConnect) to join them into a single .zip file.

Once you have unzipped the software, you can find the Java install files in ...\Addons\......\JavaInstallFiles

To install Windows Admin Console, first of all add your laptop name on the Master server under Host Properties -> Servers  as a Server. Restart NBU.
Use Browser.exe in the root of the install media. Select Server software, then choose Administration Console.

Ensure forward and reverse hostname lookup between Master and your laptop.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can find the Windows Admin Console as well as the Java Console on the Windows Install media.

My advice: For Windows Master, use Windows Admin Console; for Unix master, use Java Console.

If you don't have NBU media kit, you need to download the Windows software from FileConnect . You will need the product serial number that can be found on your license key certificate.

Download NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.1of2 and NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.2of2.
Use instructions in NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA_README.txt (also on FileConnect) to join them into a single .zip file.

Once you have unzipped the software, you can find the Java install files in ...\Addons\......\JavaInstallFiles

To install Windows Admin Console, first of all add your laptop name on the Master server under Host Properties -> Servers  as a Server. Restart NBU.
Use Browser.exe in the root of the install media. Select Server software, then choose Administration Console.

Ensure forward and reverse hostname lookup between Master and your laptop.

RKS
Level 4

Thank you for solution, I appreciate your help Mam!

Regards,

-RKS