cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I take from Netbackup Client for building SRT ?

czezz
Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to create SRT on my boot server for RHEL.

I have been following the procedure in: NetBackup_7.6_AdminGuide_BMR.pdf (Creating a Linux SRT s. 74).

I have started bmrsrtadm and followed the steps .

I did provide BMR third-party products CD and Linux Installation media but I got stuck on the step: to provide NetBackup Client.

Where do I take it from ???

I thought it is already installed on me bootserver...

Any hints/advices ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup base software for Veritas is not open for public download. Only patches to the base software can be downloaded freely.

If you have the Netbackup software serial number you can download the base software from  

https://symantec.flexnetoperations.com/control/symc/registeranonymouslicensetoken (still looks to be working after Veritas / symantec split).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You still need the installation media in order to build a client package that includes NBU Client software. 

Use the same 'Unix Clients 2' media that you used to install/update your Linux clients.

czezz
Level 2

Hi Marianne, thanks for reply.

The Netbackup client that I have installed before on boot server was pushed from Master Netbackup server by following command:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files ssh client

So I do not really know about any NBU Client software / Unix Clients 2. Where do I take / download it from ?

ps.

And actually why it is still needed since it is already installed on my boot server ?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup base software for Veritas is not open for public download. Only patches to the base software can be downloaded freely.

If you have the Netbackup software serial number you can download the base software from  

https://symantec.flexnetoperations.com/control/symc/registeranonymouslicensetoken (still looks to be working after Veritas / symantec split).

czezz
Level 2

Hi Nicolai, thanks :)