cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will restarting these services impact running backups?

Jeremy_Bentham1
Level 2
I have added a new BasicDisk that points to a UNC Path and based on this site (https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH58780) certain services need be set with a logon account that has permission to access it. Before I do that I want to know if stopping/restarting these services will affect any current jobs in progress? - The NetBackup Remote Manager and Monitor Service - The NetBackup Client Service - The NetBackup Service Layer ----------------------------------- OS: Windows Server 2008 NetBackup Version: 7.7
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I am not sure about "The NetBackup Remote Manager and Monitor Service", but I am fairly sure "The NetBackup Service Layer" will impact Netbackup operation.

Just search for "The NetBackup Service Layer" and google will provide the first page full of issues people had with NB Service Layer not running or not running correctly.

View solution in original post

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Nicolai is correct, NBSL will stop all running jobs, NBRMMS will not effect jobs that are writing to tape, only ones writing to an MSDP or Open Storage target. The Client server on the Master will not effect the jobs, only a backup job running against the master as a client. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I am not sure about "The NetBackup Remote Manager and Monitor Service", but I am fairly sure "The NetBackup Service Layer" will impact Netbackup operation.

Just search for "The NetBackup Service Layer" and google will provide the first page full of issues people had with NB Service Layer not running or not running correctly.

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Nicolai is correct, NBSL will stop all running jobs, NBRMMS will not effect jobs that are writing to tape, only ones writing to an MSDP or Open Storage target. The Client server on the Master will not effect the jobs, only a backup job running against the master as a client.