Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back-up diferencial igual ao full

Marco_Usiminas
Level 3

Tenho NB 7.0, master / Media.

Um windows 2000 SP, client 6.5.4

Faço um back-up full, no dia seguinte um back-up diferencial, porem o diferencial levanta o conteudo total, como se fosse full.

Obrigado.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This is not very well documented, but the Full and Differential schedules need to be in the same policy to behave as expected.

Add a differential schedule to policy fem01a01_semana_3.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Marianne
Level 6

Google translate:

I do a full back-up, the day after a back-up differential, but the differential raises the total content as if it were full.

Please confirm that your full and differential schedules are in the same policy?

Marco_Usiminas
Level 3

não, são em politicas diferentes.

Marco_Usiminas
Level 3

bpplist the policies

cviniciusm
Level 4

Hello Marco_Usiminas,

Are you seeing archive bit not being modified warnings on the jobs?

Are you using LVM filesystem? I saw people creating read-only LVM snapshots, so the archive bit was not modified.

You can try to use timestamp instead of archive bit on the client.

Regards.

Marianne
Level 6

This is not very well documented, but the Full and Differential schedules need to be in the same policy to behave as expected.

Add a differential schedule to policy fem01a01_semana_3.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

angry

***EDIT***

Ignore that - either I had a "browser malfunction" or the forum went flaky for a while! Noticed same on a few other posts & then everything corrected! Early Sunday morning so maybe not woken up fully!

Marco_Usiminas
Level 3

Mesma Policy.

Marianne, fiz o teste gerando uma politica com dois chedulles, full e diferencial, executo o full, levanta todos os arquivos, altero somente um arquivo e executo o diferencial, ele levantanta somente o arquivo alterado.

isso é um bug?

Obrigado

Marianne
Level 6

Google translate did not do a good job this time...

If I understand correctly, you tried both schedules in policy and it worked? You also want to know if this is a bug?

NetBackup has worked liked this since I first started using it in version 3.1. Full and incremental schedules only work if they are in the same policy.