cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup environment audits

Backup_Guy1
Level 3
I want to audit on our backup environment identify list of backup servers and volumes that are in the backup selection list. Any help and advice will be appreciated
Backup environment
1x master Netbackup 6.5.3
7 x media servers
1X NOM 6.5.3
over 200 clients

I can get list of clients backing up now but I can’t get information on selection lists

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
you could look at:

bpcoverage -c client_name

this will at least tell you what file systems/drives are backed up on each & also what policies include the client.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

go to the console and run bppllist -U

this will give you all policies along with clients/selection lists in a human readable format.

you can also use NOM for generatation this kind of reports

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
you could look at:

bpcoverage -c client_name

this will at least tell you what file systems/drives are backed up on each & also what policies include the client.

Backup_Guy1
Level 3
Thanks for your reply

I need bpplist –U i cound’t see any output

Andy I run bpcovrage –c client_name > this is exactly what I need.
But I have over 200 servers and I need to find out each server what volumes are backed up in case I am missing volume which needs backing up. But issue is we have over 200 and each sever has its own policy, policy relationship is 1-to-1 no policy consolidation.
It will be difficult to go through all the policy and check the selection list, i was looking an outomated way of doing it.

creany
Level 3
hello backup_guy

on Windows master server in the goodies directory you can have a look at check_coverage.cmd. this will run for all your Unix and Windows servers. it uses the bpcoverage command to get the results. outputs are in your %TEMP% directory. very handy to review your backup selections if you are not using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.

Backup_Guy1
Level 3
 Hi creany

Thank you this is furnishing help.

Backup_Guy1
Level 3
Hi

I run check_coverage.cmd yesterday and %TEMP% directory is empty when I tried to rerun today I get check_coverage.cmd is already running any idea how long it takes to get output result?

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
I have just over 300 servers and it took about an hour or so.

did you do check_coverage.cmd -ALL

if you did not do the -ALL then it might be waiting for input or something.

kill it and try again.