cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup only certain files...

AntBar
Level 5
Hello everybody,

With Netbackup, it's possible to backup only certains files ? For example, i'd like to backup only excel files... of course these files are in many directory.

I'va add to the end of my backup selection the wildcard *.xls, but the files into subdirectory wasn't backuped.

Any idea ?

Thanks/
3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6
There is no way to specify specific file types to be backed up across a system, only a directory in a system. For example: How do I only backup my .doc files anywhere on my C:\ drive and nothing else?

Details:
  •   In the Policy files list, add  C:\*  as the Pathname or Directive.
  •   In the Exclude List for the client add  C:\*  to the Files or Directories list.
  •   In the Include List for the client add  *.doc  to the Files or Directories list.

Now when a backup is initiated for the client it will only backup .doc files.

Keep in mind, this is a very resource intensive thing to do.  Performance for the client will go down for the duration of this backup.

Wes_T__Gator
Level 5
What do you have for your backup selection list?  All of my backups automatically include the subdirectories.   To get around the aforementioned performance hit, would it be possible to move the file types you are wanting to backup into a specific directory and just backup that directory?

AntBar
Level 5
My backup selection is : d:\directory1\directory2\directory3\directory4\*.xls

My backup  was OK for all the files at directory4 but not the other directory under it...

My policy contain another backup selection for office data. If I use include list, I won't backup another file. So, I must create another policy with include list for few files... it's not fun...