cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bp slow to open

DHenwood
Level 2

We are using NetBackup-Solaris10 6.5.4 on a Sun T5120. When we run /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bp it sits on a "One moment . . ." message for about 5 minutes before finally getting in to the control panel. Any idea's as to what could be causing the hold up ?

The server is being backed up over our backup lan to a remote server and is quite successfully backing up according to our Backup team, but we are having the above problem and can't get any response from a bpclimagelist command.

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

It looks like a problem with communication between the master server and the client.  Do you use DNS to resolve names?  Check the hosts file on each side and if not, insert the IP and hostname of each server in each hosts file.  Recommend you also looking into running bpclntcmd (on client side) and bptestbpcd from master server side.

DHenwood
Level 2

We are using /etc/hosts, which have both been checked at either end as ok. /etc/nsswitch.conf is set only to hosts, but I did try it with hosts dns and when I tried to run bp again it hung then kicked me off the server. I could log back in a minute or two later.

DHenwood
Level 2

I ran several flags on the bpclntcmd command. All seem to work ok except for -pn and -sv

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Maybe this will help:

DOCUMENTATION: Explanation of bpclntcmd options, the system calls being used, and recommended troubleshooting when the commands return errors.
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH50198

DHenwood
Level 2

Cheers Andy I will take a look :)