cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpduplicate syntax - Exchange 2010

mgtow99
Level 2

I have a simple script for duplicating weekly fulls to tape for offsite storage that runs on Sunday via scheduled tasks.  I've started backing up an Exchange 2010 DAG with no problems however my script is skiping the duplicate job of the DAG fulls.  Message being reported to the Activity Monitor: "found no images or media matching the selection criteria(190)."  I have no problem duplicating DAG fulls if I use the gui.  I've looked at the NetBackup Command and Windows support pdfs and i don't see that I should be dong anything different. I have verified spelling and dashes of policy name and the -hoursago is well within the window.  Is there a new way to duplicate Exchange 2010 to tape?  I have 1 Master/Media Windows server running NetBackup Ent v7.01.  thanks

Sample of script for backing up Exchange 2003 which works find

: MS Exchange 2003 Fill Info Stores
bpduplicate -dstunit LTO4-T50 -dp NetBackup -hoursago 48 -fail_on_error 0 -policy Exch_Info_Stores -pt MS-Exchange-Server -st FULL

Sample of script for backing up Exchange 2010 which doesn't work at all

: MS Exchange 2010 Full Exchange database Ex_Shared-02 database
bpduplicate -dstunit LTO4-T50 -dp NetBackup -hoursago 48 -fail_on_error 0 -policy EX_Shared-02_Mbox -pt MS-Exchange-Server -st FULL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Could it be the MS-Exchange-Server?  As it is a 2010 exchange that would be maybe be the dag name?

the child and parent have the physical server name, but the grandparent has the dag name.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Could it be the MS-Exchange-Server?  As it is a 2010 exchange that would be maybe be the dag name?

the child and parent have the physical server name, but the grandparent has the dag name.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

If you use the same values (-hoursago 48 -policy EX_Shared-02_Mbox -pt MS-Exchange-Server -st FULL) with bpimagelist, does it show you the image you're looking for?

mgtow99
Level 2

since it's been a week I change the hours but still no luck

C:\>bpimagelist -hoursago 180 -policy EX_Shared-02_Mbox -pt MS-Exchange-Server -st FULL
no entity was found 

mgtow99
Level 2

playing with bpimagelist and using the dag name I got it working, thanks to both of you.  the "-client" option was what was missing.  Here's the syntax: (dag-01 is my dag name)

This will duplicate all my Ex2010 backups to tape

bpduplicate -client dag-01 -dsunit LT04-T50 -dp NetBackup -hoursago 48 -fail_on_error 0 -pt MS-Exchange-Server -st FULL

This will duplicate an individual Ex2010 policy backup to tape

bpduplicate -client dag-01 -dsunit LT04-T50 -dp NetBackup -hoursago 48 -fail_on_error 0 -policy EX_Shared-02_Mbox -pt MS-Exchange-Server -st FULL