cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpimport procedure, is this correct

Joseph_Ruggero
Level 3
have a large backup I need to import from a seperate another location. I will be using the bpimport to read the tapes and update the catalog.

the data is spread accross 4 tapes, so my 1st step will be completing phase 1 on each individual tape

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimport -create_db_info -id
-server -L /tmp/bpimport.phase1 &

after that is complete, I can run the following command and will be done

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimport

reason for this command is the tapes I imported have only the one backup I need to import on them, so I do not need a bidfile and can just import it all?

does this seem correct, thank you in advance

happy monday!
2 REPLIES 2

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
If you have access to the server where backup was performed you can get image files from there and make this restore to run in may be 15-20 minutes (depending upon how much time it takes for you to receive image files from remote location).

You can get detailed information from Technote, not sure if you can access it or not http://support.veritas.com/docs/263423

other wise below is the part of Information you may find handy.

Copy the desired client directories at the originating site. This would be the contents of
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/ on UNIX master servers or
\Program Files\VERITAS\netbackup\db\images\ on Windows master servers.
You can now move the client data (tapes) and catalog data to the new site.
Merge the copied images into the catalog at the new location.
Put the tapes in the library at the new location.
To ensure none of the moved tapes can be overwritten you might want to write protect them.
Inventory the robot containing the moved tapes.
Put the appropriate FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER entry or entries in bp.conf. When you put this
entry in bp.conf you will need to recycle bprd. This can be done from the General Server tab in the
master server host properties on UNIX or Windows.
If you moved primary copies of the tapes then you are ready to restore. If you moved non-primary tapes
then you will need to change the primary copy for all the images being moved.Message was edited by:
RK

Stumpr2
Level 6
Please see this thread
http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?messageID=4465100⇌