cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command line list of skipped files?

D_Flood
Level 6

NBU 6.5.6 on Win 2003

Right now, to keep our SOX Auditors happy, I'm dumping and retaining a daily list of the backup status using:

BPDBJOBS -M %MASTER% -all_columns

Now our Auditors are concerned about the "partialy sucessful" reports so they want a list of skipped files/problems from each backup thread that trigger a status of 1.

So...is there a command line version of the "skipped files" report?  I know I'll have to filter out the false "indicates it is a TIR file but can't find it" bug messags (confirmed bug in 6.x, fixed eventually in 7) but I can feed the file over to one of our AIX hosts and chew on it with SED or GREP to get rid of those...I'm just looking for a dump of all skipped files.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

D_Flood
Level 6

I guess this report doesn't exist.

Too bad

watsons
Level 6

There are a few options, but tracking them daily can be tedious and keeping the records also consume more diskspace:

1) Check job details of each job with status 1 (partially successful). Using GUI will be very tedious, so looking through and using grep in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/trylogs  will be easier and save you more time. This directory is associated with the jobs you found in activity monitor.

2) Enable verbose=5 of your bpbkar logs in clients. Logs can be huge in size. Again, not an easy job as we need to go through logs for many clients to look for skipped files.

3) bperror can give you the status (partially successful) but not skipped files.

A daily script to check and report based on the above can be handy. So there is no quick solution.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Command line equivalent of All Log Entries report for client?

Something like 'bperror -all -client <client-name> -hoursago <#>'

or Problems Report:  'bperror -problem ...........'

More options are available - see 'bperror -help' or the Commands manual.

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with watsons

I don't think that it's good idea to automate troubleshooting.  But you can analyze bpdbjobs  status and if it=1 you can take jobid and next parse /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/trylogs/<jobid>.t to find information about skipped files. Unfortunately this is an easiest way to miss some information cause you have to know all possible warnings in Job Details (.t file).

Good luck.

D_Flood
Level 6

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Right now I'm compensating for this lack of info by having my log file retention set to 200 days.  So I can go back and capture various backups and their messages and copy/paste them into Excel from the GUI.  I guess that's the best I can do for now...