cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable and enable duplication

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

1. I need to temporary disable Data Domain, It is used as Duplication target in STU. If i disable duplication using

nbstlutil inactive -destination STU2, is images , that will created before activation will be duplicated automatically, or i need some workaround for that?

2. How correctly disable Data Domain, that  netbackup knows what am i doing, should I deactivate storage server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you just want to disable duplications then you command is right (or in NBU 7.5 just right click the SLP)

It will not stop backups running to it - it just stops them duplicating

When you re-enable it the duplications will catch up - nothing skipped or anything in the mean time - so you are safe to just disable the SLP

If you don't want to use it for backups either then change the policies or Storage Units/Groups so that the backups go somewhere else

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you just want to disable duplications then you command is right (or in NBU 7.5 just right click the SLP)

It will not stop backups running to it - it just stops them duplicating

When you re-enable it the duplications will catch up - nothing skipped or anything in the mean time - so you are safe to just disable the SLP

If you don't want to use it for backups either then change the policies or Storage Units/Groups so that the backups go somewhere else

Hope this helps