Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail notification settings ???

emret
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi there,

I want to get notification mail for all results of backup jobs thats why I am using blat and I configure it correctly and I add the
host properties --> universal settings -->> client administrator's email but netbackup only sends me a unsuccessfull job,
are there any know the how the configure netbackup ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
According to this TechNote, only non-zero status jobs will generate an email when email address is added in Golbal Attributes. Emails for all jobs must be enabled at client level:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/254809.htm

To allow a master server to send emails for all failed client backups that end with a non-zero status, do the following:
1. Open the NetBackup Administration Console
2. Open the Host Properties for the master server and go to the Global Attributes tab
3. At the bottom of this page, enter the email address for the NetBackup administrator in the field called Administrator e-mail address: (separate multiple entries with commas)

To allow a specific client to send emails for all successful and failed jobs, do the following:
2. Open the Host Properties for the Client and go to the Universal Settings tab
3. Under the Administrator section of this page, enter the email address for the NetBackup administrator in the field called Client Administrator's e-mail (separate multiple entries with commas)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
According to this TechNote, only non-zero status jobs will generate an email when email address is added in Golbal Attributes. Emails for all jobs must be enabled at client level:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/254809.htm

To allow a master server to send emails for all failed client backups that end with a non-zero status, do the following:
2. Open the Host Properties for the master server and go to the Global Attributes tab
3. At the bottom of this page, enter the email address for the NetBackup administrator in the field called Administrator e-mail address: (separate multiple entries with commas)

To allow a specific client to send emails for all successful and failed jobs, do the following:
2. Open the Host Properties for the Client and go to the Universal Settings tab
3. Under the Administrator section of this page, enter the email address for the NetBackup administrator in the field called Client Administrator's e-mail (separate multiple entries with commas)

emret
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I've already read this document. but still successfully completed task does not come from email.

Do you have any other suggestion ?

Marianne
Level 6
Even if you edit the Client Host Properties? (as per the second part under "To allow a specific client to send emails for all successful and failed jobs, do the following:")

I do not have any other documentation - we use this TechNote when assisting customers to config Blat.
Most customers only want notification for failed jobs - they don't want 100's or 1000's of emails for successful jobs.

Rick_Lam
Level 2
Partner Accredited
You can configure for all to send messages about all backups result:

1. Open the NetBackup Administration Console on the master server.
2. Expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Clients.
3. Open the host properties for a client. Multiple clients can also be selected.
4. Select Universal Settings.
5. In the Client administrator’s email field, enter the email address of the administrator to receive the notification emails. (Separate multiple addresses with commas.)
6. Enable the Client sends mail option and click Apply.

NOTE: You need configure the setting on Clients, not only on master server.

emret
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Rick,

I was done your advise but I think there were any problem. missing emails from the job's end is coming. only a few jobs reports coming.