cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excluding exchange2010 databases from a dag backup

kproehl
Level 5

We have a multiple site dag exchange environment and I want to know if there is a way to exclude certin exchange databases from being backed up. We are running version 7.1.0.4 and exchange2010.  I have the client set to backup up dag1 and the selction set to Microsoft Exchange Database Availability Groups:\.  In my policy setting i have it set to "passive copy and if not availabe actice copy".

Please let me know if this can be done.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kathleen_HW
Level 3

Set an exclusion in the client properties. Go to Host Properties, Clients, choose your DAG client name and open the properties. Go to Windows Client, Exclude Lists. Under the All Policies, All Schedules, add the db you want excluded. For example in our case we wanted to exclude the "Termed-1" db, so it looks like this - Microsoft Information Store:\Termed-1

Then you need to repeat that exclusion in the client properties for every node that could possibly become the active node for your DAG name. In our case we have servers 1-4. The DAG name is currently active on server 3. So back to Host Properties, Clients, click on the Actions menu, select configure client, then type in server 1 (this of course does require you already have the NBU client installed), create the exclusion. Then for me I repeated for server 2 and 4.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kathleen_HW
Level 3

Set an exclusion in the client properties. Go to Host Properties, Clients, choose your DAG client name and open the properties. Go to Windows Client, Exclude Lists. Under the All Policies, All Schedules, add the db you want excluded. For example in our case we wanted to exclude the "Termed-1" db, so it looks like this - Microsoft Information Store:\Termed-1

Then you need to repeat that exclusion in the client properties for every node that could possibly become the active node for your DAG name. In our case we have servers 1-4. The DAG name is currently active on server 3. So back to Host Properties, Clients, click on the Actions menu, select configure client, then type in server 1 (this of course does require you already have the NBU client installed), create the exclusion. Then for me I repeated for server 2 and 4.

kproehl
Level 5

Thank you.